Thursday, November 22, 2012

Christian Fathering Skills

I was having a random conversation with my little man and he asked me if I had the ring his daddy gave me on my finger still. I said that I did and he grabbed my hand and was examining my engagement and wedding ring.  Then he went on to inform me that when he gets grows up he is going to buy a ring like mine with "that white thing on it" (the diamond).  I told him that when he grew up he would have to get a job to make money so he could save for things like a ring for whatever girl he wanted to marry and a car.  He interrupted me and said,
"for my son?  So I can buy a car for my son?" then he went on to ramble and tell me, "if I grow up and up and up, I will buy my son toys and cars and he will like them and he will play with them. I will tell him he can't watch BAD movies and he will be sad and I will say I love him. He will go to his room to pout and I will put him on time out." He said this so matter of fact and I was impressed that he wanted to parent like us and he is sure his son will do exactly what he does and like exactly what he likes. I guess the thing that makes me happy is that he said he will tell his not to watch bad movies, instead of saying he will let him do whatever he wants to do.  Maybe he is understanding that we do what we do because we love him and not to hurt him.  I love how his brain works and when he has moments that he rambles about things, I feel like a get a glimpse of what is really going on in his little mind, a hint of how he is processing it all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment