Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snowman Cookies. . . A Cry for SNOW!!!

Ava's Kindergarten class has a schedule for snacks to be brought in. Ava is scheduled about once a month and I had full intentions of being the mom that always sent in CUTE creative snacks for fun.  Well, I have not been that mom much at all. I even managed to forget one time completely and I had to pick something up real quick to drop off at the school.  Ava was pretty frustrated with me, so I decided to do something really cool the next time. 

So, I looked up snowman cookies Which I have pictured below. Anyway, they were cute in the pictures so I decided to try them.  They are literally vanilla almond bark coating on Nutter Butter cookies and then an orange tic tac for the nose, mini chocolate chips for the eyes and black line icing for the mouths.  I used M&M's for the buttons and this was not only fun to make but they weren't too bad tasting either.  I thought they were a little sweet but Ava loved them and was so proud to take them to her class and share for snack.  I did however, feel bad for her teacher, that probably was not too happy with me and the amount of sugar I included in the classroom snack for the day. :)  Sorry Mrs. Boward.


No comments:

Post a Comment