Thursday, January 19, 2012

K-I-S-S-I-N-G - by Ava

I shared on my facebook page a few weeks ago, that Ava has really started to SPELL things and words out.  She loves reading and sounding out words and is so very proud of herself as she recognizes these things.  Anyway, she often, while in a room with Micah or I, will ask us what a word says.  She will find it, like Sony, on the TV and she will say, "what does S-O-N-Y spell?"  We always tell her and then she may find another word and spell it out for us to tell her what it says.  So, a few weeks ago, she was sitting in the living room and I over heard her say, "daddy, what does A-S-S spell?"  The tone she used was so innocent, and we knew she had no idea.  Ummm, first of all, where did she find the word? and secondly, what were we to say about this?  I couldn't stop laughing, while hiding in the kitchen, but I totally got the subject on to something else and never answered her question. 

So, tonight, we are sitting as a family in the living room and Ava is spilling her guts about the day she had at school, with random but funny details. :)  She is smiling sheepishly like she has a REALLY big secret to share, and she says, "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!!"  Then she smiles like she said something sneaky.  I smiled and started singing, "Kissing - First comes love. . . " She was very excited and asked how I knew that song.  I asked her who sang it at school and she said, "Garrett. . . he said it about him and Morgan." I asked if he liked Morgan, and she says. . . "No, he just throws out names and puts people up in trees." I love this girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment