Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Letter - 2011


Highlighting the Blessings and Big Events of 2011


Micah lost his job in Jan. of 2011 and yet, God provided time and time again and we just got to have daddy home with us more often. Micah and I started looking at it as a huge GOD GIVEN staycation and we made the best of it. Micah has had contract work different times of the year and that has provided income also. He got a nice buck with his bow this year and was happier than one could imagine.

I joined a praise band at our church and have really enjoyed that venture in my life again. It has been about 10 years since I have sung and I forgot how much I missed the praise and worship. I still get really nervous, but God helps me through each Sunday. I am loving my life with my children and love watching them grow. One of my biggest events of the year was being able to be a part of my nephew Roman, being born in June of this year. It was amazing and He is perfect. Another huge event of the year, My parents sold their house and moved to Missouri to be with my mother’s family. The adjustment, for all of us, has been tremendous, but over all it is a good thing.

Ava started school this year and still doesn’t like it. She doesn’t cry every day but she does ask just about every night, “do I Have to go to school tomorrow? I don’t like school you know.” WE KNOW AVA!!  She also lost her two front teeth this past month, so she is having fun singing the infamous song of old . . .”all she wants for Christmas is her two front teeph.” She really loves the fact that she is learning to read though and she wants to read to me now, instead of me reading to her. It is very sweet and I remember when reading to her while she was a baby, dreaming of the day to come when she would read to me. IT’s Here!!

Christian is a boy. . . need I say more. He is my little sidekick this year. At first, When Ava went to school, he missed her so much and he was so sad. I kept trying to tell him how much fun we were going to have but he was not to be convinced. I think he is finally realizing that now that it is down to just the two of us, we do a lot more “going places” than we used to. He has really started to talk, a ton, like incessantly, since his sister is no longer talking all the time for him. I think he feels the need to express EVERY thought that enters his mind. I find this rather funny and I just say he takes after me. I love talking too. My goal is to start working on his preschool curriculum this coming year. . . .to get him ready for kindergarten. He is really into Transformers and Legos and his favorite thing to do is to snuggle up on the couch with mommy and watch a movie while eating popcorn.

We have a new addition to our home for a few months. . . hopefully longer. Who knows what God has up his sleeve. We will call him Little J and he came to us at one month old with a broken arm. He is now almost four months old and we are all in love. He brings such a pure joy to our household that is so amazing. I am concerned about when we have to send him home, but God is good enough to handle all of our emotions. We feel blessed to at least get to keep him over HIS first Christmas. It gives us more opportunity to pray blessings on him.

And finally, with a heavy heart, I must mention, we lost a very dear friend this year. She is in Heaven and healed but the rest of us miss her more than words can say. It has been a long rocky last two months but God is good and will carry us through this. Please keep her family in your prayers this year to come also.

Well, I must end this letter and attend to the beckoning baby in the other room. He is making his presence very known right now. May all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Stay safe and God Bless you all.

With Love,

Micah, Michelle, Ava,

Christian & Little J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment