Saturday, December 10, 2011

Smurftastic Party Hosted by Crowdtap!!!

Well, I won a digital Smurf party from my favorite website Crowdtap.  However, I missed the digital part in the directions so I was waiting for a kit in the mail.  I had a deadline that I was supposed to have the party by and before I knew it, I had two days left. I then found the kit in my email. .  . . OOPS.  So, I was rushing around sending out the facebook invites to some of my friends hoping they could make it.  A few of them did and we ended up have a pretty Smurftastic Time!!

I didn't actually have time to do all I had wanted to but I did manage to make some blue cupcakes with blue icing and blue juice.  I also got some blue yogurt gogurts.  I had to through something healthy in there.  Then I reminded everyone to come dressed in their best blue to help celebrate the Smurfs.  I decorated the table with Christian's blue Christmas Tree.  Then I printed out the digital smurf party hats for the kids along with a few pair of glasses and got them all ready for when the kids arrived.


When the other kids showed up, Christian went running around handing them their smurf hats but they didn't quite fit on the kids heads.  However, they were cute.  Then he was showing them the blue table decor.  We ate first and then started in on the coloring pages.  They definitely all had blue tongues from the blue dye and a sugar high to boot.



The kids wanted their faces painted so we started with Christian.  Then we realized the paint didn't come off well, so we decided not to do it on the other children.  The funny part was that when I finally washed his off, he looked BLUE and SMURF like for a day or two after. ;)  He didn't mind so much though.


Here he is . . Papa Smurf?!?

Here they are playing with play dough and showing off their blue tongues.  :)

Over all, we had a great time. The best part was that since none of us had watched the Smurfs as kids, we didn't know a ton about them, and then the kids had never really seen them either.  As they were leaving, Cami asked, "mommy, when do we start the smurf party?"  Guess they missed the boat. :)  It was hysterical. 

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny about cami's comment at the end!! so fun to have a party just to have a party -- we should do that more i think! love the cute kids! LOTS of smurf episodes on youtube btw...grumpy smurf does always say "i hate..." everything but with a quick threat to my oldest we stopped that from repeating itself around here pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete