Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Birthday Lunch at School with Ava Bean

I actually have very few memories of my early grade school years while I was in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. I remember my teachers, and I remember a few things we learned that for some reason stuck in my head. I even remember a few memories from the playground and recess times.  Other than those few memories, the rest remains a big blurr of anxiety and nervousness and wishing I was at home with my mom or grandma.  However, something I DO happen to remember was that in the early years, when you had a birthday, your mom could bring you in cupcakes or something and for that day, you felt special and loved.  I remember my mom taking time to drop stuff off before she went to work or making cupcakes for my grandma to take into the school, just so I could feel special on that oh so dreamed of birthday, October 19th every year. I hated when my day was on a weekend, because it wasn't during a school day.  
Ava was born on September 6, 2005 and she was turning six this year.  She was super excited when she realized that her actual birthday was on a school day.  She was sure they were going to have a PARTY for her. I had to explain that they would maybe sing to her and she would get help pass our her strawberry pink cupcakes with pink icing to all of her little school friends, but that as for a big party, that wasn't really in the plans for the day.  However, it just so happened her daddy had off that day too, so we called ahead and told the school we were coming in to do lunch with her as a family.

She had forgotten we were coming and when they pulled her out of line into the front office, she was worried.  She then saw us and her face LIT up.  She ran over and hugged us and of course, my eyes filled with tears.  This happens alot lately to me. :)
Christian had brought her chicken nuggets and french fries from Wendy's and we sat and ate together.  She was so silly and so happy and you could see she felt really special. I also dropped her cupcakes off so they could eat them that day after lunch.


It couldn't have been a more perfect day and we enjoyed spending the day with our newest six year old.  Can't believe six years ago she was just entering the world. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment