Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Transition - Change

We have been discussing with Bean about school and trying desperately hard to get her excited about going to school rather than being home schooled.  As I mentioned before, we feel this is what is best for her, but we are still struggling with this decision as parents.  It must never be easy to let go of your children and yet that is all we do their whole lives.  I guess this is just one of those moments.

However, all that said to say, I am super excited about some time one-on-one with Christian.  He is so very sweet and I love him to pieces.  He brings so much joy to his Daddy and I and we feel so blessed he is in our lives.  He makes me smile and laugh and angry sometimes all at the some moment.  Then he flashes me a huge grin and I am putty in his hands.  He has me wrapped around his little finger.  :)  I think he had his daddy too. :)
So, as I was saying, I can't wait to have next year with him.  I plan to do fun things and have a chance to enjoy time getting to know who he is on his own, without following what his sister does.  She is a good big sister, but she does dominate and he doesn't seem to mind.  However, I want to see who he is on his own. I know he will desperately miss her, but he will have more fun that he thinks.
He keeps saying he is going to preschool, but I haven't informed him yet that I will be doing his preschool from home.  I just can't send him away right now. I think I would be a mess without either one of them at home.  So, this is the newest step in our lives.  I am excited and nervous, but most of all just anticipating the fun we will have this summer, the last summer before the world of SCHOOL starts in our family's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment