Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hershey Park 2010



On June 15th, we were able to experience our 4th annual trip to Hershey Park for the foster care appreciation day.  The kids love Hershey Park.  Mom, Micah, Ava, Christian, and I all went and met the Andino family there.  It was such a great day. 

We rode the first kiddie rides when we got in and then we traveled on to our bagged lunches by the second mile association.  Ava, from the moment we got in, wanted to ride her favorite ride of all time. . ."the miniature horse ride"  This was across from where we ate, so we shot over there and sat as she and Christian rode this ride for about an hour, non stop.  They would get off and then right back in line to get on.  Finally, we were able to pry them away and we went off to ride the BIG PIRATE ship, which is my all time favorite ride at Hershey.  Ava and Destiny rode it for the first time. They did good and they were brave but they both admitted they like the 'little pirate ship' better.  After that, we headed over to some more kiddie rides and then we walked by the trail blazer roller coaster.  This was so exciting. The kids, all of them, were tall enough to ride so we took them on this very first big person roller coaster. Christian and Ava loved it so much, they rode it with us 3 more times.  Then the Andino Girls decided they wanted to brave the Comet Roller Coaster.  This was a great idea, but not for our little ones.  However, Ava decided she wanted to ride this one too.  I started getting a few heart palpitations.  :)

We had decided that when we got over to the comet, we would tell her she was not tall enough, but she was almost there and she was crying how badly she wanted to get on it. Finally, Daddy said he would take her.  He held her in his arms for the entire line and she was somewhat nervous I think, but she wanted to be brave.  My mom and stood at the exit and waited.  I saw her face as they put her in the seat beside Micah and my heart ached. I was so scared she was going to be terrified and cry and I kept telling Micah to hold onto her.  I prayed and when the ride got back, I teared up.  MY BABY rode her first big roller coaster and survived. If they had a T-shirt that said, "I survived the comet" I would have invested in it for her.  They should have a t-shirt that says "I am a mom and I survived my baby riding the comet."  Micah said she was fine up the first big hill and then all of a sudden the coaster went over the mountain.  He said she grabbed a hold of him and the bar and held on for dear life.  She never looked up until the roller coaster ride was over and then she sort of looked up and smiled.  She said she liked it, and she even told me she liked it.  As soon as the excitement was over, she went over and climbed up inside her stroller and pulled the umbrella part down over her.  I peeked in and she looked as though she was slightly in shock.  Real quiet.  :)  I think the reality hit her.  Finally, she asked me to hold her and then she told me, "mommy, I want to ride the little rides.  Please.  She melted my heart.
Due to her request, we ended up heading back to the miniature horse ride and she rode that ride until she couldn't ride anymore.  The attendant at the ride said she was pretty sure she set a record.  :)  It was a great day.  I love Hershey Park.

In Line ready for the Comet Ride


In the cart, ready for the ride to begin. . I don't think she had any idea.  Daddy looks a little nervous as he is trying to figure out how to help her understand if she really wanted to do this or not.  :)


We got to meet quite a few of the candy bars.  They actually had a dance party and we had so much fun hanging out and dancing with them.  They were really cool.  Here is one of the pics of the kids with the mild duds.


Micah, Christian, Nana, and Ava on the Timber tots ride.  A very slow water boat ride with a splash at the end. 


I love this one.  Christian was resting his head on his arm hanging out the window, just like we see daddy doing on the way home from work. hahah.  So cute.



 
Christian and Ava loved the Frog Hopper Ride.  They had fun riding that with Gabriella and Abigail too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment