Friday, April 23, 2010

National Take Your Kid to Work Day

Well, I found out that yesterday was the National day for taking your child to work with you.  I had no idea, but yesterday morning, I got this bright idea to pack the kids up and travel an hour to eat lunch with my hubby (their daddy) while he was at work.  I later was told what the actual day was celebrating.  Such a strange coincidence. :)

So, we were getting ready to go.  Ava picked out her FAVORITE purple dress AND even let me comb her hair without too much of a fuss.  :)  Christian got a quick bath and then let me style his hair and he wanted to wear "daddy's cologne" so he smelled pretty.  The trip is a long trip, and so we listened to the radio and sang songs.  We talked and told stories and of course, Ava got Car sick.  We were about 15 minutes away from our destination, and Ava claimed, "mommy, we are NOT doing this ever again, this ride makes me too sick.  Daddy doesn't need us to come here again."  She seemed to be miraculously healed of her car sickness the moment we saw the building daddy worked in.

Here they are with their handsome daddy, at his work setting.  They even decided to take a walk with one of his patients, as they were strolling along in their walker.  The kids were so excited. 


Daddy took us all to Wendy's as per request.  It was nice getting to see him at work and spending a little time with him.  Thanks Daddy for working so hard for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment