Friday, April 12, 2013

Swimming Lessons 2013

We did it again!!! We signed them up for swimming lessons, even though I told myself I would NEVER do it again because it was so inconvenient!  However, Grandma and Pappy had bought a pool the year before so we needed to make sure that we were READY for a full summer of swimming in water we could not touch in!  So we did the lessons, and while we did it, we had Johnny Boy our little foster guy. This foster guy was our MOST active little buy ever and so much anxiety came as I was taking these three to the YMCA for lessons in the winter time.  However, the kids did so good! I was so very proud and their daddy came along with me numerous times too.  Johnny did pretty well eating snack and drinking his drink while watching in his stroller.  We had to WALK a lot during the 45 minutes of lessons, but he was not as I had expected!  Ava was in the class where she no longer needed a back pack and we were so proud of her!  She worked this time on her different strokes and swimming in laps in a full sized pool.  She enjoyed her lessons, though she said they were much more difficult than the previous lessons she had had two years ago.  Christian was in the younger class and his focus was putting his face in the water.  He avoided it at all cost and it was difficult to get him to do it without holding his nose. I can't blame him, because I still have to hold my nose, but don't ya know, he did it!!! He now swims underwater without holding his nose!!!!  He also loves to float and Ava loves to swim under the water.   They worked a little on diving for the kids too and form with their diving.  They worked on jumping into the pool off the diving board and then swimming to the side.  Christian hit another mile stone when he conquered that challenge!  Oh, and they both want to do lessons again soon!  Christian and Ava were both much more confident in Grandma and Pappy's pool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment