Friday, April 19, 2013

Eraser Extraction Day

Surgery Day had arrived.  We had milkshakes the night before because we were not allowed to eat Breakfast.  Grandma came up to see us off and to get the girls on the bus.  Baby was with a friend and we were ready. 
The Surgery center was super nice and accommodating.  They brought him his gown and a WARM blanket and he was sold.  They also asked which one of us was dressing to go back as he went under.  Of course, it was me again.  Micah had a hay day with getting my picture in what Christian called my space suit.  The people were all super helpful and informative and did a great job explaining things not only to us but also to Christian in a manner he understood.  He was not the least bit anxious or nervous and was I think enjoying the attention.
 
 
They took us back and he was sleeping within a few seconds.  Ten minutes after he fell into his deep sleep, the doctor met us in the waiting room and showed us what she had retrieved.  Oh, and by the way, the other funny thing, if it hadn't been for the nurse that stopped me and called my attention to this, I would have walked out into the waiting room still in my space suit. hahaha. I was so needing to get out to Micah and let him know that everything went good and I totally forgot what I was wearing.  Half an hour after the whole thing started, we were told to come back and that he was waking up.  When we first got back to him, he was a bit overwhelmed at all the attention, and he felt very groggy.  So the first impression was a bit weepy, but soon turned to Super Cheesy and then to "just kickin' back and chillin'"  He did get the opportunity to eat a Popsicle and when given the option to be "wheeled" to the car, he was ecstatic.  He wasn't sick or soar and got lots of attention.  Hopefully he knows to never do this again. :)
 
 
Eraser Extraction was a Success!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment