Sunday, November 28, 2010

Funny Conversations with Ava

I find myself laughing quite a bit at the funny things my kids say, and this only feeds their desire to say these things hundreds more times because they realize it made me laugh.  It is usually funny the first time but not so funny by the time we are hearing it for the 9th time.  However, there are some of these conversations I don't want to forget so I decided to blog them on here.  To follow are just a few of my recent favorites with Ava.

Ava got sick the other day and was throwing up all night long.  She was laying on her bedroom floor beside me and I was talking to her.  She was saying how hard it is because she felt like she had to throw up but nothing was coming out.  (just a side note, after her 4th time in a few hours, she no longer had food or fluid to get rid of, so she would just dry heave and this is not comfortable.)  She was amazed that she had "throwed up already five times. . . if I throw up again, it will be six times mommy."  I smiled at her and was trying to console her so I told her that when she was in my belly, I got really sick and that I actually threw up 11 times in one day.  Her eyes got so big and then she said, "but why?  did I make you throw up?"  I explained it is just what mamas do when they are pregnant.  Then she said, "then. . I came out of your belly and now you take care of me when I am sick and you don't get sick anymore!!" 


Another conversation happened while we were in the car on our way to the doctors with Christian.  We had been talking about little boys and girls that didn't get Christmas presents and I had told the kids that I would take them and let them pick out a boy and a girl from the Salvation Army Christmas tree and they could then go and buy the kids gifts.  It was quiet for awhile, and I knew her brain was churning.  Then all of a sudden she says, "mommy, when I have a girl, will you help me put up the crib?"  I thought she misunderstood me and thought we were picking up actual boys and girls so I explained that we were just getting cards with their names on them and their ages.  Then she said, "No mommy, I mean. . .when I get married and then have a baby in my belly, will you help me?"  I smiled and said, "oh Ava, yes, I will help you get the nursery ready and we will get lots of toys and clothes and books. That will be so fun and I will definitely help you."  Then she said, "Maybe I will have a girl!!!"  and I said yes but you might have a boy too.  Then she said, "But mommy, I don't want a boy.  I don't like boys right now.  They have weird hair.  I want a girl."  And there you have it, that was the end of our conversation. 


One night, while still in Missouri, Ava woke up in the middle of the night crying and saying she needed to pee.  I ran her downstairs and she peed in the potty.  She had not actually wet the bed but a little bit must have come out and wet her panties and woke her from her sleep.  She was crying and it took awhile to console her.  The next day, we were all sitting around talking about our problems.  She said, after listening to us adults, "well, I had a problem last night. . . My pee tried to come out my butt and get in my panties."  She was being dead serious but none of us could stop laughing.  I am not sure she still understood what was so very funny.   This obviously was a large problem to her. :)


This one is my Absolute favorite and it happened last night!!!   The week or so, when getting ready for bed and trying to fall asleep, if not tired enough to crash when her head hits the pillow, Ava has found a new problem that bugs her.  We always have had in the past the usual bedtime stallers like, "I need a drink," or "I forgot to brush my teeth," or "I have to pee." and so on.  However, the idea of a wedgie has been introduced to this poor child.  She has a new complaint and this is that her "panties keep doing this stupid thing to my butt."  She really gets agitated and she gets up and changes her underwear sometimes ten times, no joke.  I think she finally gets tired enough she forgets about it but it really is a problem some nights.  We have tried so many different styles to see if they help but nothing seems to do it.  So, last night, she was crying in her room about the "stupid pantie thing" and I went in to check and there on her floor lay seven pair of clean underwear she had tried on and then taken off.  She was tired but so bothered by this problem.  I tried to distract her with other thoughts but it kept coming back to this underwear issue. Finally I explained that this is an issue many people if not all people have to deal with in their lives and we just have to find a way to cope.  (didn't know what else to say and I was so so tired.)  She asked if she could come over to our bed and so I said she could tonight.  Once we got settled into our bed she threw her little leg over me and said, "I bet I know what the problem is mommy!!!  I think maybe my butt is trying to fall asleep and that is why the panties are doing that to my butt."  UMMM, I was tired enough I started laughing and then she started laughing and we woke up daddy who didn't find this humorous at all.  I am not sure what I am going to do with this little girl.  But I sure do LOVE her.

No comments:

Post a Comment