Friday, February 22, 2013

Super Bowl Bash!

We had been looking for an excuse to all get together and hang out. . .so we found one.  Super Bowl Party at our house!  Matt & Courtney, Nate & Carole, Jason & Kim and our family of course.  We had coffee, beer, conversations, food, more coffee and lots of fun time.  As you can see from the picture above,, Carole was EXTREMELY excited about the game!  ahhaha and as you can see from the picture below, Micah and Nate have COME SO FAR in the past 10 years, or have they?  hahaha. Kim and Jason were still in the newly in love part of dating ;) so they hung out watching it together as the rest of us women oooh and awwd over how sweet and cute that was, but  decided for ourselves we would rather sit in the other room and talk. :)  The kids had a lot of fun hanging out and playing together. 
This was the night Ava met Jude, Nate and Carole's nephew.  I don't want to embarrass her but I do have to document this sweet moment in time.  Sorry Ava, if this is embarrassing.  Okay, so as the night progressed, the kids were all running around and playing and I could see in Ava's eyes that she thought Jude was cute. I know my girl, cause she is a whole lot like me. I liked boys early too.  :)  So, watch out world, here she comes!  Anyway, after they all left, I was getting Ava ready for bed and we got to talking.  She was so funny as she relayed the entire evening and its events to me. I love when she gets in those moods to do that because it is so sweet how she does.  As she was talking she told me how much she thought she liked him and she thought he must have liked her too.  Supposedly he was showing off a little and having the kids all jump into his arms off the toy kitchen in our basement.  She said she could tell he liked her cause when she jumped off she hurt her leg and he was all worried and he kept looking into her eyes for long periods of time.  She could see it in his eyes she said.  Then she persisted to tell me that he and her got to talking while the other kids were playing.  They were talking about how they sort of liked each other, then he asked her if she had Jesus in her heart and she said yes.  Then she asked him the same and he confirmed that he did too.  As she was telling me, she stopped and interjected. . ."so see mom, he would be a good guy for me to marry because first he has Jesus in his heart AND he goes to my school!" Then she went on to say how he asked her if she liked him and she said she did.  Then he asked why and here were the reasons she gave him, "because your face looks like Ty (her cousin Ty) and because you are strong like Titus (Titus was her first heart throb.)  I loved that her reasons she gave for liking him was because he was LIKE two other boys she knew. ahhaha.  We have some work to do on her complimenting area.  Anyhow, this was a fun party and the kids had as much fun as us adults did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment